I could define myself as a "nerdy cyclist", so while my interest in Arduino is steadily growing (have not bought or used yet), my first idea for a project would be:
- Instrument a bicycle with some sensors (accelerometer, reed switch, etc) and an Arduino;
- Ride long distances (that is, four hours or more, sometimes non-stop);
- When at home, download some sort of "data file" (from SD card, I think);
- Analyze results with Python/Matlab/whatever.
So my questions:
- Is any model of Arduino suitable for this purpose?
- What is the expected sample rate vs number of channels? 100Hz per channel would be excellent for my purposes, for example.
- Can I keep incrementally saving to SD "forever" (that is, while battery and card space are available)?