I've programmed an Adafruit Feather nRF52840 board to send MIDI signals to my computer via BLE. I can confirm that the board pairs successfully with an Android phone and a Windows PC, but my laptop (MacBook Pro 2021) will not recognize the board; it does not appear in the Bluetooth menu as an option for pairing. I've tried the following troubleshooting options:
- Turned bluetooth off & on on laptop
- Turned device off & on
- Added the name of the board in the code (advertisement.complete_name = "BOARD_NAME")
- Downloaded Bluefruit Buddy, Bluefruit Connect & Bluetility to find any BLE signals coming from the board (verdict: no trace!)
- Tried a BLE smart dongle
- Unpaired/forgot device from Android phone, attempt to re-pair with laptop
- Attempted to connect the device via Apple’s Audio MIDI setup (https://support.apple.com/guide/audio-midi-setup/set-up-midi-devices-ams875bae1e0/mac)
- Tried steps 1-7 with two additional MacBooks (2016 & 2022)
I know that the BLE pairing functionality of the board is working, since it consistently pairs with an Android phone and a PC laptop; I just cannot figure out why it won't pair with my MacBook. I want to resolve this issue and ensure that the board can be used across platforms.
Are there any other troubleshooting actions I should try?