I have seen so many people complain about this same error and they were given a multitude of answers to help with this error, but nothing so far has worked for me.
Everything was working fine until I upgraded to Win 11 and the latest version of VS Code. I also attempted uploading with the Arduino IDE and no success. I'm at the point of throwing the ESP32 boards into a box, and moving onto an alternative until someone comes up with a different solution.
This is my failed punch list gathered from the many postings about this error:
- Followed these instructions: https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esptool/en/latest/troubleshooting.html without success.
- Removed and Re-installed the CP210x & CH340 (ESP32-CAM Programming Board) Windows Drivers
- Tried both VS Code & Arduino IDE with Ubuntu on two different computers.
- For Ubuntu, I added "User" to dialout.
- Pressed IO0 & RST to force the ESP32 into Boot Mode.
- Verified USB cables were data cables.
- Tested 6 ESP32 Dev Kit boards to make sure I didn't have a bad one.
- Soldered a 10 uF capacitor across the EN pin and GND
- Added: monitor_dtr = 0 & monitor_rts = 0 to platformio.ini
- The two different Boards ESP32 DEV Kit & ESP32-CAM Boards, both appear in Device Manager.
- Attempted to upload the code in Win 10, and had the same results.
I'm a beginner with this technology, so please keep this in mind when you answer my question. Thanks,in advance, to anyone who can help me.