1

I just fried ams1117 on 9v voltage supply module while working with nodemcu. I was in my living room and inhaled the burst of smoke. How toxic is it?

2
  • 2
    I'm surprised you're still alive to tell us about it ;). But no. That's just the Magic Smoke™. It's fine. Just a bit of burning plastic. You'll survive. – Majenko Apr 10 at 16:15
  • 1
    very few things made after the 1980s will have chemicals bad enough to cause exposure issues, especially incidental exposures (1-time vs long-term). RoHS further curtailed substances like lead that you don't want to be breathing often. – dandavis Apr 10 at 18:33

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.