Simple spec question I couldn't figure out, what is, practically speaking and ballpark, the maximum wattage of LED you can drive with an ESP32 (I guess about the same as an arduino?).
- using a boost converter for higher voltage: Yes
- using ESP32 pin as output and power: Yes
- use mosfets/external power circuit: no
- no other load is connected to the ESP32 board
My silly calculation:
- GPIO allows for 12mA output (source)
- cheap and small voltage boost elements go to about 9-12V
i.e. (12 milliamperes) * 12 volts = max 0.144 watts.
Is that about right (orders of magnitude)?