Hello Internet Arduino enthusiasts!
I'm totally new to Arduino and as my first project, I'd like to make a controller connected to computer A (the master) and computers B and C as 'slaves'.
The master would simply send commands as USB mouse and USB keyboard inputs to slave computers through an Arduino controller. Think of it as a hardware KVM switch (without the V(ideo)).
Now, I'm planning to work on that during the Christmas vacations, so I need to order the parts now to receive them in time.
I was thinking I could use these parts:
- Arduino Due (because it has the capability to send keyboard and mouse input)
- 2 SparkFun FTDI Basic Breakout - 5V, one for the mouse, one for the keyboard (per target computer) (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716) (because I can convert it to a 3.3v, what the Due is using)
- The price is not really an issue for now.
- I'm not worried to much about the programming.
- I'll figure out how to make it work once I have the time and the items.
- I know someone who has a starter kit from SparkFun, and there is an electronic store closeby, so I'm not worried about the wires.
Will I be able to make what I'd like with those basic parts, or am I missing something?