I have an Arduino uno board and I have a soil moisture sensor
- connected the digital output pin of the sensor to Arduino input pin
- connected an output pin of Arduino to the INPUT pin of the relay board
- programmed the Arduino such that if input is HIGH then the OUTPUT should be HIGH as well
- connected 5 v pin of Arduino to vcc of the relay board
- connected gnd pin of Arduino to gnd of the relay board
When my sensor outputs a HIGH DO (digital output), the relay only creates a feeble click sound and does not get activated. The Relay board LED does light up but the relay itself does not work (NC remains closed and NO remains open).
Do I need to supply an external VCC to the relay board? If yes then how should I set up the circuit?
A picture of the relay board is attached. You are right ... it is a 12 v relay. Do I need a 12 v external power source with IN1 coming from Arduino? Any help will be much appreciated.