I was recently experimenting with 20x4 lcd display with my Arduino Mega board. The connections which I followed are shown in the picture attached. I am very much sure about the connections and code written in the Arduino IDE. Everything is compiled and uploaded properly on my board. However the problem I found is the 20x4 lcd display only shows two alternate block lines and nothing else! To resolve this I tried following things:
- I made sure multiple times the hard wire connections between Arduino and display and found all are as per requirement.
- I made sure the proper coding with initialization.
- I tried changing the value of 10KOhm pot in order to control the contrast setting of lcd.
- I made sure about connecting the R/W pin of lcd to ground.
- I tried replacing the lcd display with another same unit.
With above troubleshooting the problem still persists. Can anybody will suggest what could be the issue?
Suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks and regards, VK