This question already has an answer here:
I have bought an ESP8266-01 Wifi module last month, and I am trying to connect Arduino Uno to network so that I could connect to the MQTT broker. However, I failed to upload the sketch/communicate with ESP8266 module due to the error:
espcomm_open failed espcomm_upload_mem failed espcomm_upload_mem failed
I think the problem is wiring problem or power supply is unstable because the ESP8266 is required 3.3V to communicate. This is how I connect ESP8266 Wifi module to Arduino Uno, and I just simply connect Arduino Uno to USB port on my laptop:
I've been searching solutions on Internet and watching tutorials but ending up with getting the same error. In addition, I am not using any resistor, capacitor when I do the connection between ESP8266 & Arduino Uno.
These are my confusions as below:
- What is the best/easiest way to connect Arduino Uno to Wifi?
- How can I avoid power supply issues? Maybe a Serial Adapter Wireless development board or module?
- What do I need to connect Arduino Uno to Wifi?
- Is it possible to connect Arduino Uno to MQTT broker without using network? I found this Ardulink but I don't know how to deal with it
- Can external wifi shield solve my problem instead of using ESP8266-01?
Thank in advance