I am currently using a ST7565 graphic LCD for display in a heat pump system.
This LCD has the following characteristics:
- 128x64 pixels
- monochrome, no greyscale
- good viewing angles
- serially connected (i.e. only uses a small number of pins)
- high enough refresh rate to show animated icons
- low cost (£20)
- has a high-quality, maintained library
- available from multiple sources for several years
I am finding the resolution of the screen limiting for my application. Ideally I would like a display that is exactly the same but with a higher resolution. Something between
I do not want:
- colour (largely as the display is less visible, but also increased cost and code complexity), but red/green/blue on black would be OK.
- a physically smaller display (all of the OLED displays are small - 2" and below) as it needs to be visible from a distance
Are there any displays that meet these requirements?
I hope that the specific requirements here mean that this is not a simple "shopping question".