I have 2 Lowpowerlab WaterMote's talking to each other using the 'out of the box' pre-installed sketch that just confirm they're talking to each other. I verified this by opening a COM connection and saw traffic of 'receiving packets...' That was just to show that they are functioning and talking to each other.
Now, using Arduino IDE on Mac OS X 1.9.x (Lion?) I have loaded the WaterMote sketch (found on Github) on the Moteino with the sensor (not the gateway) as it should be. The traffic looks like it's working, except the text being transmitted (number of Gallons) stays the same at 0.02 Gallons.
So... I want to debug the WaterMote sketch, but I do not see an option in my Arduino IDE on Mac OS X. Is there a way to debug sketches using Macs? Searching online shows various and preferred options, but mostly on Windows (of which I don't have any at home).
My current setup
- Moteino Gateway (as out of the box) connected to a Raspberry Pi (with ssh enabled)
- Connected via USB to the RasPi
- Moteino with WaterMote sketch loaded
- Connected via USB to the MacBook Pro
- Arduino IDE running, but I see strange "" square output in the Serial connection.
- I do not know what to make of this since that text is not in the WaterMote sketch.
Is there a way to debug sketches loaded on Arduino clones using Arduino IDE on Macs?
I found a debugging article: