- 595N shift register powered by arduino
- Each output on register connected to 1 of 8 relays in relay board
- Arduino programmed to loop over each 8, triggering 1 relay at a time
- Dedicated 5v power line connected to relay board as so
- Begin loop
- Expected: LED's light and relays make contact iterating over each of 8
- Actual: Occasionally relay/led fires, then immediately goes out/disconnects OR occasionally relay/led x should fire, but instead relay x+1 fires
- Disconnect separate DC supply from relay board
- Expected: Relays will not fire/make contact, LED's will continue buggy pattern from step 5 actual.
- Actual: Relays don't fire (expected), LED's light in correct order always, no bug
Friend who is more hardware savvy thinks it could be simple matter of Separate DC supply needed more voltage as my supply is providing enough amperage to fire all 8 contacts simultaneously. However, this board is rated for only 5V correct?