I have seen so far those differences:
- The Micro doesn’t need the separate FTDI, while the Mini does
- The Micro takes more time to boot up due to USB device (keyboard/mouse) emulation (is more like a Leonardo than an Uno)
- They both have 5 V and 3.3 V versions
- The Mini has 2 more digital IO and 2 more analog Inputs (1 more PWM)
- The pinout is the same (a shield designed for the Pro Mini is OK also with Pro Micro)
- Micro is more expensive (IF you don't have already an FTDI cable).
So, what I care about most is the boot up time (because it could make debug harder) but other than that.. if I don't need the 2 more Digital IO and the 2 more Analog Inputs.. why buy one over the other?
And some more question: can I use the Mini boot loader inside the Micro to avoid the boot up time (if I do not need the keyboard/mouse emulation)?
Is the power consumption the same? Can I use the same battery?
Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm little bit confused.