I've traditionally used a text editor with avr-gcc and makefiles for working with Arduino boards. I'm now trying to develop projects for the wider Arduino user-base, so I am trying to use the Arduino libraries and common IDEs for ease of use.
I started using Stino, but then found out that the Arduino IDE has some toolchain "quirks" that mean I will need to test everything in Arduino IDE expressly.
Since starting to use it more, I have found it frequently hangs or crashes. The triggers for this are:
- Creating a new sketch takes about 15s, and shows me the OS X beach ball.
- Saving a sketch takes about 15s.
- Going to File->Examples frequently crashes the IDE - I need to force quit.
- Going to File->Sketchbook always crashes the IDE.
- It sometimes randomly hangs.
I don't have any other stability issues and other Java based IDEs like Pycharm work flawlessly.
I have installed numerous libraries, including the entire Teensyduino suite (which is a lot of libraries!). Outside of that, no changes have been made.
Is this a common issue? Is there any logging or anyway I can try and work out what is causing this issue?
This is happening with: - Arduino 1.05 - Arduino 1.55
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.