Changed ESP8266-01 to wrong settings by mistake. It was working ok at 115200 (its default settings). It was connected like this:
Using Arduino as bridge
- Pins 0 and 1 (RX/TX) connected directly to ESP8266 since I didnt have USB to TTL adapter.
- MCU removed so I could make that scenario work
It was just for testing AT commands. I did it like that because I realized that I was getting errors all the time trying to connect using SerialSoftware (and different pins in Arduino).
Found out later that SerialSoftware does not work correctly at 115200...
So I issued the following AT command:
Now I cannot connect to the ESP8266 to correct that setting. All I get is garbage characters. I understand it's because of the flow control settings. I set it to both RTS and CTS which I also read later ESP8266 does not support?
- Using Putty to change settings of COM port at connect. Have tried all speeps and flow control settings combinations I could think of. I get nothing or garbage characters.
- Changing COM port setting from Device Manager (Windows 7)
- Flashing ESP8266 using official tool (ESPFlashDownloadTool_v188.8.131.52).It won't sync with the ESP8266. It does not allow me to adjust speed to 9600. Minimun speed that show is 115200
- Changing settings in ESPFlashDownloadTool_v184.108.40.206 so it will sync at 9600 (file: spi_download.conf)
I cannot think of anymore ideas. Have I completely messed up my ESP8266?
Is there a way that I'm not aware of that could fix this problem? How?
Thanks in advance!