Within the Arduino IDE Serial.* output can be viewed with Tools / Serial Monitor. How can I view Serial.* output on an Android? As a concrete example, how can I view the output from Examples / Communication / ASCIITable?
These steps will allow your Android device to function as an Arduino Terminal.
- Download a Serial Terminal app. I'm using Android Hyperterminal, English version.
- Attach an OTG ("On The Go") cable to your Android device.
- Attach your Arduino to the OTG using your regular USB cable.
- Make sure the terminal program is set to the same baud rate as your sketch.
- Run the terminal App and select the USB port.