I've finished my project and now I'm measuring the current but there is something wrong. I'm using an Arduino Pro Mini board and the LowPower library but the consumption is about 3.5 - 5 mA and not less than 500 uA (the board remains into sleep mode almost all the time).
When I began to work with the board its LED was removed but I think that this work was not made correctly. How can I check that LED was removed correctly?
Thanks to all.
EDIT1: The strange power consumption is not associated with board's LED.
EDIT2: @Gerben has suggested me to review the state of SPI pins connected to the board. I use in this project a SD card module and GSM/GPRS module but the guilty of this excessive power consumption is the first. Then I've disconnected all SD card module's pins and then I get about 60 uA, so the problem is on those pins but I can't reduce the power consumption. SD card module pins are 10,11,12 and 13 so I've used statements like
digitalWrite(11, LOW) and so on after reading/writing on the SD card but it is useless.
EDIT3: I've decided to upload a representation of my project using Fritzing. The external modules are not identical but they contain the same pins.
Detail of the connections:
I use these external components:
In my project there are some important details:
- GPRS module is powered individually. The other battery is dedicated to power on the Arduino board and the SD card module.
- Batteries are 6v.
- Transistors base are controlled by 2 and 3 digital pins respectively.
- The 8 and 9 pins of the Arduino board act like RX and TX pins using