Before I tear all my hair and teeth out, can anyone please help. I have tried googling an answer and have not found anything.
- Win7 64bit
- Arduino 1.6.9 IDE freshly reinstalled
- COM14 port in Arduino IDE checked
- Under Device Manager COM14 shows as: "USB Serial Port (COM14)". Not as "Arduino...(COM14)" as some pages have shown
- I am not sure if I have a real or copy of the Arduino. As far as I can figure out I have a real one, on the back I have the FT232RL chip
- I have bought 2 Arduino Nanos and both show same error
- Both Nanos came pre-soldered, (no noob soldering by me)
- I have tried uploading sketches on my Win7 platform AND over a Raspberry Pi, both same error
Now perhaps most importantly I previously ordered an Arduino from the same retailer and that one worked. The two I have now dont work.
When I try upload I get the same message every time: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
a. it does this 10 times and then fails
b. Rx and Tx LED's are ON and do NOT blink at all at any point in time
c. Green power LED is always ON, no blinking
d. Pin13 LED blinks consistently
e. I have tried the extreemly annoying reset "trick" before uploading, after uploading, at the same time, during uploading, and nothing works
I am seriously at a loss here. I have had an Arduino Nano work on my pc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated please.