I need some motor drivers that can control a DC motor with 10-15 A and 25 V. I can't find any shield that can do the job. I need to control 4 motors with these.

Can you suggest some models that are good with this?

And one more question: if a driver can control a DC motor in 2 directions, can it control 2 DC motors in one direction each?

  • 1
    The "shield" form factor isn't really a good fit for these power levels. Likely a suitable driver will be its own unit, which you will have to connect to the arduino with wires. – Chris Stratton Oct 3 '16 at 21:33

We don't really answer "shopping questions".
You could contact several suppliers like Adafruit, sparkfun or maybe even Digikey, Farnell etc (ebay?).

If you search for: "15A dual h-bridge" you will find some motor drivers which should work for you.

If a driver can control a dc motor in 2 directions can it control 2 dc motors in one direction each?

Where are you going to use them for? If you're only going in one direction, you won't need a motor driver.

An MOSFET (per motor) is good enough if you only drive one direction. If you want both motors to be able to turn each direction, a dual h-bridge will do.

  • I need to control the speed – Zbang Jun 6 '16 at 12:00
  • You can use analogWrite(pin, value) instead of digitalWrite. The value will be the "on time", so a lower value will make the motor go slower. – Paul Jun 6 '16 at 12:05
  • Nice but can I output around 25 V? – Zbang Jun 6 '16 at 12:39
  • If you use a MOSFET that's rated for over 25V, yes. You'll also need a 25V power supply. – Paul Jun 6 '16 at 12:40
  • 1
    Think of the MOSFET as an on/off switch controlled by Arduino. But when you use analogWrite() it's more like a dimmer, for different speeds. – Paul Jun 6 '16 at 12:41

I think that the current you need is high and you are not likely to get a shield that does that. Look at a H-bridge with the desired current and voltage rating, it will probable be largish with a heat sink. If the motors are going one way then you may just need a simple mosfet style driver. You should probably look for a module with the correct rating as it will have the correct heat sink, track sizes, connections for your motor power and will probably have a diode to protect stuff from the induction spikes. The H bridge will probably be fine with the Arduino output and it may have a voltage reg for its logic that you could use to power the Arduino.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.