What configuration settings do I need to change on my computer to use the ethernet shield mounted on my Arduino UNO as I don't want to connect the ethernet shield to the router?
First off you need a basic understanding of TCP/IP networking. One you have that you need to:
- Allocate yourself a new subnet - one that's not your normal local network (say 192.168.1.0/24)
- Assign an IP in that subnet to your Arduino (say 192.168.1.1)
- Assign a different IP in that subnet to your PC (say 192.168.1.2)
- Configure your Arduino's sketch with it's IP address and netmask
- Configure the PC's Ethernet interface with it's IP address and netmask
- Connect the two together with a suitable cable. If the PC's Ethernet port doesn't have auto-direction sensing you will require a special cross-over cable where TX+/TX- and RX+/RX- are swapped over.
You can try the easy way This always works for me :D
- Connect the shield to the Arduino and plug in the cables to the PC(RJ45/Ethernet).
- Go to network communication center.
- Go to change adapter settings.
- Select Ethernet(Arduino) and wireless(Wifi) /(internet source) and right click.
- Click bridge connections.
- Wait for a few seconds.