I am creating a moving robot which needs to know its exact position on the map(known before, start point also known). My ideas were :
- GPS : this is not accurate enough for me, does not work indoors
- Acc + GYRO + Compass(Magnetometer): MPU-9150 : from that values I could compute the position but as small errors are continuously added after a while it becomes very inaccurate
Finally my idea is to put some fixed points into the area and robot can periodically check where they are and compute its position accurate.
Although I did some googlin' I could not find any appropriate sensor pair to do this. My idea is:
- one(more if no other option) sensor on robot covering 360 degrees
- few fixed points which sends a signal; each different one - let's say : I am the point one. I am the point two etc.
- sensor on a robot is receiving those signals and give me some meaningful value e.g. time from which I can compute the distance from each of the fixed point.
- 10+ meters maximum range is fine for me
- must be cheap (less than 30$ for all)
- Do you have any idea of such sensor pair ?
- Or other solution which would fit to my needs?
Bonus: * The best would be if the fixed points were passive and just reflected the signal sends from robot - but I have no clue if such a thing exist :-)
Thanks in advance for any answers/comments.