I am new to hobby electronics and have hit a dead end with my Intel Edison (which hopefully will not join the pile of useless components I have wasted my money on), and would appreciate some help with the setup procedure. The main problem is that I cannot connect to my Edison via the middle (lets call it "A") micro-USB port in order to get it into a working condition.
My objective is to connect to it's build-in Linux via SSH with the USB cables connected after installing the latest flash image.
I am using an Edison with an Arduino breakout board.
Here is the sequence of steps I followed:
- I connected a 12V 2.6A AC to DC adapter to power the board. (Via the barrel connector). The green light came on to indicate it is powered.
- I connected the "A" micro-USB port (i.e. not the one on the edge) to my computer.
At this point I could access the drive through Windows Explorer, however this changed when I executed the next step:
- I installed the software from step 2 at https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/library/edison-getting-started.
- Something went wrong during the subsequent installation process. I don't know what.
At this point I could no longer access the drive. It would only appear as an "Unknown device" in Windows Device Manager. In order to try and fix this I gave up on the option where it is mounted as a Windows Drive.
- I connected to the micro-USB port at the edge of the Arduino board and disconnected A.
- I went to Windows Device Manager and found the connected device on COM6
- I installed Putty and connected to COM6 with a baud of 115200.
- The console showed a blank screen with a green cursor in the top left.
- I waited 30 seconds for it to boot.
- I hit Cntrl+C because I still saw the same screen from step 9.
I then saw this on the console:
Unknown boot mode: boot Saving Environment to MMC... Writing to MMC(0)... done Resetting to default boot mode and reboot... resetting ... ****************************** PSH KERNEL VERSION: b0182b2b WR: 20104000 ****************************** SCU IPC: 0x800000d0 0xfffce92c PSH miaHOB version: TNG.B0.VVBD.0000000c microkernel built 11:24:08 Feb 5 2015 ******* PSH loader ******* PCM page cache size = 192 KB Cache Constraint = 0 Pages Arming IPC driver .. Adding page store pool .. PagestoreAddr(IMR Start Address) = 0x04899000 pageStoreSize(IMR Size) = 0x00080000 *** Ready to receive application *** U-Boot 2014.04 (Jun 19 2015 - 12:05:55) Watchdog enabled DRAM: 980.6 MiB MMC: tangier_sdhci: 0 In: serial Out: serial Err: serial Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 Target:ifwi Partitioning already done... Partitioning already done... Saving Environment to MMC... Writing to redundant MMC(0)... done GADGET DRIVER: usb_dnl_dfu
I have no idea what to do next.