What topics can I ask about here?
Before you post a question, please look around Arduino Stack Exchange to see if your question has been asked before. If you've already asked this on another site, please don't ask it again. Either flag it for moderator attention and request migration to Arduino Stack Exchange or delete it on the other site and re-ask it here. Also note that it’s okay to ask and answer your own question.
Here at Arduino Stack Exchange we have specific criteria to determine if a question is fit for our site. If after reviewing the following list you're still not sure, visit Meta Arduino Stack Exchange, a site to ask about Arduino Stack Exchange.
- Specific questions about Arduino boards, code, and the Arduino IDE. Feel free to ask about anything related to Arduino.
- Questions about other IDEs, clones/counterfeits/derivatives, and other coding languages for Arduino. Feel free to ask about any language for coding Arduino.
- Board recommendations. Make sure to include detailed information about the project you are doing and your requirements. If your question is too vague, it may be put on hold.
- Library recommendations. Make sure to include detailed information about the requirements. If your question is too vague, it may be put on hold.
- Code review: Use the tag project-critique for advice on how to improve your code/project.
- General Coding: If your question is about coding not related to Arduino, try Stack Overflow.
- If the solution would be the same with or without Arduino, then it's usually a general coding question.
- General Electronics: If your question is about making electronics or other electricity questions not related to Arduino, try Electrical Engineering.
- If knowledge of Arduino would improve a question, it's on topic. Otherwise, it might not be a great fit for our site.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Arduino Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place of where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.